Self-care and do you actually do it?
Here is a question for all of you. Would you rather
1. Service your car regularly so that it keeps running smoothly and have very little problems
2. Wait until the car starts to leak oil on the ground and there is that funny noise and some smoke coming from the engine and the list goes on
What about if your car is that little bit older and is costing you more to fix it than what it is worth. We can experience that new car feeling, upgrading it to the latest model and have all the bells and whistles that you want.
So now you’re wondering why I am talking about cars and upgrading it to the latest model. It has nothing to do with self-care and if you do it. Think again.
The car you should really worry about is your body. It takes you through your lives journey. You don’t have the luxuries of upgrading to the latest model if you start break down and not function properly. So for you to be able to continue to go through life smoothly and only have that occasional problem you need to start having regular self-care.
So what is self-care?
Self-care is something you do for yourself on regular bases to keep you mentally, physically and spiritually fit. Self-care should be done daily and you can spend as much time and money on it as you want. You should take 15 minutes to a 1 hour out of your day to practice it.
Here are some of my top self-care activities that I love doing
- Having a cup of tea and sitting down and really enjoy it
- Going for a walk
- Getting a massage (like this idea click on the link)
- Having a hot bath
- Listen to music
- Watch a movie
- Solving puzzles (I like Sudoku)
- Meet up with a friend for coffee (or hot chocolate)
- Drive to somewhere you love
- Go shopping
- Pretend to be a photographer, find cool textures and angles
- Read a book
- Binge-watch your favourite TV show
- Cook something nice
- Plan your next holiday
- Spend time outside playing with your kids (and/or fur-babies)
- Get a pedicure/manicure
- Go to the beach.
Our body is a car and we need to start taking better for it as we can’t upgrade it to the latest model.
Regular self-care is important to for you mentally, physically and spiritually.
You should take 15 minutes to a 1 hour out of your day to practice it.
Self-care is something that makes you feel relaxed and calm. After completing your self-care you feel energized and ready to achieve anything.
Go to the beach and chill
Lastly some homework for everyone!
Make a list of all the things that you love doing and everyday pick one thing off your list every day and actually do it.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!